See how colorblind people see the world using your iPhone
Huetility Simulate is a tool to see how things look to someone who is color blind. It uses the best methods available to simulate the different types of color blindness, including the severe forms of red-green and blue-yellow colorblindness.
"The perfect tool for anyone wanting to learn about colorblindness"
- Donald McIntyre, author of: Colour blindness, Causes and Effects
This tool is of great use and interest to the colorblind, their parents, spouses and friends. It is indispensable to professionals, such as graphic designers, opticians and accessibility specialists, for whom an understanding of color blindness is necessary for their work.
- See how 300+ million colorblind people perceive color.
- See the world like a person with colorblindness using your iPhone's camera.
- Learn about the different types of colorblindness and the impact they have on perception.
- Compare the different types of colorblindness using the 28 included sample images.
- Identify the colors that may cause people with colorblindness problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work?
The colorblindness simulations in the Huetility colorblind Simulator are based on the human vision system. We model how the human eye perceives color based on the retina's cone responses and adjust the model to reflect how the world looks to someone who is colorblind based on their modified cone responses.
Who is it intended for?
The app is intended to be used by people who want to learn about colorblindness. It's ideal for parents wishing to see how their child sees the world or for designers who want to understand how colorblind people perceive color. If you are colorblind or you know someone who is colorblind then this app is great for helping to explain and understand colorblindness.